Insight in the day to day functioning of a Circle Line that functions now in practice: the daily challenges and options for solutions and how is it kept going.
- Report: comprehensive approach about implementation of circle line
- interviews with relevant cooperating companies and organisations
- critical success factors
- legal issues
- test and validation findings within ongoing initiatives
Interviews have been conducted with representatives from
- Tata Steel,
- Flora Holland,
- Studio Veiligheid Foundation,
- Technical University Eindhoven,
- the Project leader of project for design of Operational Chain Management System for Circle Lines,
- the Project leader of IT sustainable chain management support system for Circle Lines.
Report: comprehensive approach about implementation of circle line
Two basic requirements:
- a sufficient large and continuous stream of cargo and
- cooperation of all companies with operational tasks in the chain
- increasing un-reliability of transport
- road congestion
- increasing environmental impact
- expected scarcity of operational personnel in ports, transport and logistics and
- expectation of substantial further growth of transport.
- Daily Maersk (a daily service with 70 Mega container ships)