In the dutch region of Assen and Groningen, BESTFACT supports the local administration in advertisement and distribution of electric cargo bikes. Local SMEs get a financial support for buying a cargo bike. In return, they provide BESTFACT with data on the usage of the bike. By that the practical use of e-cargo-bikes for urban distribution can be demonstrated.
- Co-operation between twelve municipalities around the cities Groningen and Assen and the provinces Groningen and Drenthe
- Duration: 12-16 month
- Financial support for buying a cargo bike
- 2 bikes for renting for free
- Survey, evaluation, dissemination
- Contract between PTV and Region Groningen-Assen was signed in August 2013.
- Companies can book e-cargo-bikes in order to ‘experience’ the e-cargo-bikes for a period of two weeks.
- Communication action started in October 2013 (launch at the Week of Sustainability)
Achievements so far:
- One e-cargobike has been bought for trials in the Region Groningen-Assen. Fully booked till March 2014.
- Cook-ing (distribution of meals to customers) bought a cargobike.
- Jan van Dijk is musician and consultant. He has expressed interest in buying an e-bike
- The following publicity has been raised about the e-cargobikes and BESTFACT:
- Regional television interviews
- Regional newspapers interviews and free publicity
- Twitter, Facebook